About Exploring Waterville
Thanks for visiting the ExploringWaterville.com site! My name is Dan Wadleigh I am the “CEO” – Chief Exploring Officer – and Founder of Exploring Waterville along with my wife Jami. We are excited about the community we live in and all that it has to offer.
We have lived coast to coast in the US, as I was stationed in Southern California in the Marines, traveled the world on deployments (Japan, Australia, Thailand, U.A.E. Kuwait, Bahrain, Iwo Jima). But, when it all settles, I’m a passionate New Englander who calls Maine home.
I’ve always been a person who likes meeting new people, experiencing everything authentic about a place, and generally finding out what makes some place unique. My wife Jami has a growing interest, and I might say, eye for photography – scenic as well as portrait. And as a family with 4 kids, we are always on the lookout for places, activities, and fun events for the family. Throw in my experience with web marketing and the Exploring Waterville project was created.
Exploring Waterville Team:
- Dan Wadleigh – Chief Exploring Officer (CEO) & Web Mechanic
- Jami Wadleigh – Chief Photographer
- Kiddos – “Waterville Explorers” (as termed by our 6yo)
ExploringWaterville.com = a community project exploring in-depth the people, places, things to do and businesses in the Waterville area … promoting our community.
We believe the greater Waterville area here in central Maine’s Kennebec Valley is filled with a wealth of remarkable people, places to visit, fun things to do and great businesses (run by the people!). Our goal is explore our communities and share those people, places, things to do and businesses with you. We hope you enjoy the adventure with us!
Explore with Us – Get Involved!
- Facebook page – “Like” the page and join the community
- Twitter – follow along as we live in and explore our community daily (@WatervilleME)
- The Daily Explorer – subscribe to the site blog for all posts of new info
- The Waterville Weekly eNewsletter – sign up to get updates, spotlights & more delivered to your inbox
- Contact Us – who & what should we add to our list to explore?